CEDAR email: Using Cedar_email

Inchin, Pavel INCHINP at erau.edu
Wed May 31 11:58:44 MDT 2023

Good day,
We would like to advertise our CEDAR workshop with the Community. The text is provided below. Thank you in advance!

——————————————————

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to participate in the CEDAR Workshop “Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai: Reflections on Efforts, Findings, and Challenges 1.5 Years Later Since the Eruption”.

The CEDAR community demonstrates a marked interest in understanding the atmospheric effects of the 15 Jan. 2022 Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai volcanic eruption, as is clear from the abundance of studies which have emerged in the past year. At the same time, the broader picture of natural hazard-related dynamics, and especially how they couple with the upper atmosphere, is still not fully understood or quantified. While current theories attempt to explain the mechanisms that result in the observed fluctuations and long-lived phenomena, additional work is necessary to verify and quantify the theories. This workshop will provide an opportunity to share and discuss the latest results and efforts towards understanding this event, potentially opening new challenges and opportunities in future investigations of the impact of natural hazards on Earth's geophysical system. The workshop targets a discussion of current and future need in observations and model advances to better quantify the propagation and evolution of natural hazard-driven mechanical waves in the atmosphere, their coupling and impacts.

https://cedarscience.org/workshop/2023-workshop-hunga-tonga-hunga-haapai-reflections-efforts-findings-and-challenges-15

If you find an interest to give an oral presentation in this workshop, please contact the conveners.

Thank you,

Pavel Inchin
Shun-Rong Zhang
Claire Gasque