CEDAR email: JOB OPENING: Postdoctoral position at Andrews University

Wing, Simon Simon.Wing at jhuapl.edu
Wed May 24 17:11:38 MDT 2023

JOB OPENING: Postdoctoral position at Andrews University

A Postdoctoral position is available at Andrews University to do research in space physics.  We currently have research projects to study wide ranging phenomena at the Sun and planetary magnetospheres and ionospheres, including KH instabilities, solar wind-magnetosphere coupling, magnetosphere-ionosphere coupling, ionospheric scintillations, solar cycle and flare dynamics, plasma transport and circulation in the magnetospheres of the Earth, Jupiter, and Saturn.  Our research is characterized by strong integration of theory, modeling, and observations.  We have been applying advanced statistical techniques and data analytics such as information theory in many of our studies.  We are seeking a Post-Doctoral fellow with background and interests in theory, modeling, and/or data analysis in any of the above topics. Please email inquiries and application package (CV, cover letter, references) to Prof. Jay Johnson at jrj at andrews.edu.  The work location is at Andrews University, Berrien Springs, but remote work is also possible.  Our group provides a supportive environment for young scientists to thrive.  Andrews University fully supports and embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion.  Women and under-represented minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.

Simon Wing
240-228-8075
simon.wing at jhuapl.edu