CEDAR email: AFRL/AFOSR Basic Research National Science Portals Pilot (NSPP) Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) Informational Webinar

MOSES, JULIE J CIV USAF AFMC AFOSR/RTB julie.moses at us.af.mil
Fri Mar 31 15:30:09 MDT 2023

AFOSR is starting a new program to improve science education and research at Minority Serving institutions. Please see below for information on a webinar about the program occurring 10 April.  Cheers, Julie Moses

Best read in HTML

BLUF: AFRL/AFOSR Basic Research National Science Portals Pilot (NSPP) Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) Informational Webinar on April 10 (1300 to 1435 EST); please share widely with your network.

Good afternoon team!

Apologies if this is not of interest to you, but I wanted to reach as broad an audience as possible.

As you heard on multiple occasions and most recently from Dr Welsh in her Director's Call, we have published a AFRL/AFOSR Basic Research National Science Portals Pilot (NSPP) Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) (https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/search-grants.html?keywords=FOA-AFRL-AFOSR-2023-0009).

We are now hosting an informational webinar from 1300-1435 EST on April 10, to try and reach as many possible proposers as possible. The details and agenda for the webinar are attached and also below.

Please join us if you're interested and also share widely with your networks! We want the best science and the best people!

AFRL/AFOSR Basic Research National Science Portals Pilot (NSPP)

Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) Informational Webinar

AGENDA

Monday, 10 April 2023

1300-1435 ET

Zoom Webinar (General Attendees):

https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_fBjW8DuxQU-fR0WVExBVsg

Webinar ID:  160 143 7580  *  Passcode:  62517744

*Webinar will open to general attendees at 1255

Start

End

Duration

Description / Topic

Speaker

1300

1315

15 min

Opening Remarks and Overview of AFRL Basic Research National Science Portals Program

Dr. Irina Pala

AFRL/AFOSR Deputy Division Chief, Science & Engineering Division

1315

1325

10 min

Acquisitions Overview for Funding Opportunity Announcement

Mr. Calvin Scott

AFRL/AFOSR Senior Procurement Analyst, Contracting Division

1325

1340

15 min

Technical Topic:  Directed Energy

Dr. John Luginsland

AFRL/AFOSR Program Officer,

Science & Engineering Division

1340

1350

10 min

Break

1350

1405

15 min

Technical Topic:  Fluid Surface Material Interaction

Dr. Gregg Abate

AFRL/AFOSR Program Officer,

Science & Engineering Division

1405

1425

20 min

Technical Topic:  Data Models: Machine Learning for Scientific Discovery

Dr. Fariba Fahroo and Dr. Ali Sayir

AFRL/AFOSR Program Officer,

Science & Engineering Division

1425

1435

10 min

Final Remarks from Science & Engineering Division

Dr. Irina Pala

AFRL/AFOSR Deputy Division Chief, Science & Engineering Division

1435

Adjourn

Thank you,

Irina

Irina R. Pala, PhD

Deputy Chief, Science & Engineering Division Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)

875 North Randolph Street

Arlington, VA 22203-1768

Ph. 703-696-6563

Mobile. 571-481-6174