CEDAR email: SmallSats for Space Weather Research and Forecasting (SSWRF II) Workshop, 3–7 Oct 2022 in Laurel, MD + Online -- Deadline Extension

Linda Parker linda.parker at spaceweathersolutions.com
Fri Sep 2 07:53:51 MDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

The abstract submission deadline is extended to 14 Sep 2022 for the second SmallSats for Space Weather Research and Forecasting (SSWRF II) workshop. Abstracts submitted after this date are still welcome, but cannot be guaranteed a time slot and may be assigned as posters. We especially encourage submissions from students and early-career researchers. We look forward to your exciting contributions!

Additionally, the deadline to apply for financial support for workshop participation is extended to 3 Oct 2022 to help accommodate rapidly-changing circumstances and needs. We emphasize that this support is available to anyone who needs assistance to more fully participate in the workshop – this can include travel support for you; dependent care expenses including travel for family members; or accommodating any other personal or family needs that would help you engage more fully with the workshop. Applications are welcome from all in need, whether for in-person or online attendance. Awards are limited and decisions will be made as soon as possible for individual applications.

Lodging and registration deadlines are unchanged and remain at 11 Sep 2022 and 25 Sep 2022, respectively. There is no registration fee, but registration is required and is separate from abstract submission. Lodging reservations are the only way to ensure the specially contracted rate, so be sure to do this ahead of the deadline.

Additional details and links to the forms can be found on the workshop website, https://sswrf.boulder.swri.edu, along with session topic descriptions, travel information, and other details.

We look forward to seeing you at SSWRF II, October 3–7, 2022 in Laurel, MD and online!

On behalf of the SSWRF II lead organizers:

Amir Caspi (chair)

James P. Mason (LOC chair)

Ian Cohen

Therese Moretto Jørgensen