CEDAR email: 2022 CEDAR workshop: Propose a Grand Challenge workshop by March 14

Astrid Maute maute at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 17 15:03:35 MST 2022

Dear CEDAR Colleagues,

We would like to invite the CEDAR community to propose new Grand Challenge

(GC) topics to be initiated at the 2022 CEDAR Workshop. *Grand Challenge
(GC) workshop* addresses urgent, overarching questions which require a
multiyear effort and are of high importance to the CEDAR community. *One
new Grand Challenge workshop will be selected in 2022.*

GC workshops are 3 year efforts and should be organized by a diverse team
of conveners with a clear schedule and specific goals and topics for the 3
years. In the first year a GC workshop will introduce the topic to the
CEDAR community in the plenary session and provide updates in the year 2 &
3 with a summary after year 3.

Please read the workshop proposal guidelines at
https://cedarscience.org/workshop-proposal-guidelines to prepare for your
GC workshop proposal submission.

A list of current and past GC workshops can be found at
https://cedarscience.org/grand-challenge-workshops

*Proposals for a Grand Challenge workshop can be submitted online by March
14, 2022 at **the workshop proposal submission site*
<https://cedarscience.org/workshop-proposal-submission>

We look forward to receiving your proposals and seeing you at this

year’s CEDAR Workshop!

Sincerely,

Astrid Maute on behalf of the CEDAR Science Steering Committee