CEDAR email: job advertisement request

Dr. Shannon Curry smcurry at berkeley.edu
Wed Aug 24 10:39:18 MDT 2022

Hello,

I would like to advertise the job opportunity below. Please let me know if
I can provide anything else.

Cheers,
Shannon

Dr. Shannon Curry
Principal Investigator of MAVEN
Deputy Associate Director for Planetary Science & Astrobiology
Space Sciences Laboratory
University of California Berkeley

Title: Postdoc Opportunity at UC Berkeley on MAVEN Mission

Job: The Space Sciences Laboratory (SSL) at the University of California,
Berkeley, seeks applicants for Postdoctoral Associate positions to support
the Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution mission (MAVEN). The mission’s
goal is to explore the planet’s upper atmosphere, ionosphere, and
interactions with the Sun and solar wind to better understand atmospheric
escape and climate evolution. SSL leads the MAVEN Particle and Fields
science and instrument teams (STATIC, SWIA, SWEA, MAG and SEP
investigations) that make measurements of magnetic fields, electrons,
protons, and planetary ions.

We seek qualified applicants to contribute to one or more of the following
areas:
- Plasma data analysis including magnetic field and charged particle data
obtained in Mars’ ionosphere and space environment
- MAVEN data analysis with respect to understanding the effects of space
weather, including but not limited to coronal mass ejections (CMEs),
flares, solar energetic particles (SEPs), corotating interaction regions
(CIRs)
- MAVEN data analysis with respect to Martian global dust storms
- MAVEN data analysis with respect to atmospheric escape and magnetic
topology
- MHD, hybrid or kinetic simulations of the Mars-solar wind interaction,
exospheric, or photochemical atmospheric dynamics.
- Instrument development for future missions
- Present annually at the Space Science Seminar or other colloquia.

For more information about the position, including required qualifications,
application materials, and deadlines, go to
https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03423. The positions will remain open
until filled. For questions, please email Dave Mitchell at
davem at berkeley.edu. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or
protected veteran status.