CEDAR email: CEDAR workshop: Call for presentations for Software Engineering

Hirsch, Michael mhirsch at bu.edu
Fri May 28 02:57:23 MDT 2021

Geospace / CEDAR community,

We invite you to participate in our CEDAR Workshop session on “Model Systems Engineering”
http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2021_Workshop:Model_software_engineering
held on Thursday June 24 from 1300-1500 Mountain Time.

We will discuss the “how” of science closure from a software engineering perspective.
This session is targeted to anyone developing software with geospace models, from student to senior career.

Topics covered in this session include:

* Reproducible simulations and software environments
* Managing development across coupled models
* Version control (Git) in multi-institution teams (or just you and your advisor)
* How to implement CI self-tests for nearly any language or program
* compiled languages working together with scripted languages

We intend to conclude the session with 20-30 minutes of group discussion.

If you would like to contribute a short or standard talk please reach out to the convenors:

Michael Hirsch and Matthew Zettergren

mhirsch at bu.edu
matthew.zettergren at erau.edu