CEDAR email: Contribute to the CEDAR 2021 Data Science in Geospace Session!

Ryan McGranaghan ryan.mcgranaghan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 12:45:12 MDT 2021

Dear CEDAR community (and the transdisciplinary group that this listserv
reaches!)

We are excited to convene the next installation of what is now a
long-running "Data Science in Geospace" session at the 2021 Summer Workshop
of the Coupling, Energetics, and Dynamics of Atmospheric Regions (CEDAR).

This year will evolve our discussions in light of the important
Heliophysics Decadal Survey process getting underway. We plan to establish
the state-of-the-practice and state-of-the-art in data science in geospace.
Our session is designed to increase interaction and to emerge meaningful
input from our community to the Decadal process. This is your opportunity
to help shape our messages!

Here are the important notes:

   - The session will take place *Thursday June 24 from 12-2 PM EST*
   - Here is a link to our session description, including our goals and
   agenda
   <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KFbdYX_qOvuJfpwLGKpelQPtxdmR8NMX/view?usp=sharing>:

   http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2021_Workshop:Data_Science_in_CEDAR
   - Here is the connection information:
   https://zoom.us/j/99582851214?pwd=T3lRTWRJMTd6YTRZL0JBTE1WUEZ2dz09
   <https://www.google.com/url?q=https://zoom.us/j/99582851214?pwd%3DT3lRTWRJMTd6YTRZL0JBTE1WUEZ2dz09&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1624466560240000&usg=AOvVaw180g4exrhHsGkhSA6qjI9R>
   - We will have a breakout portion where individuals will have access to
   a Miro board <http://miro.com/> to interact visually
   - We have created a template for you to play around with. Here is the
      link to the playground board
      <https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_l-EI-i4=/> if you want to check
      access and become familiar with Miro

Thank you for your excellent enthusiasm and contribution to Data Science as
a hub for the CEDAR community. Looking forward to a lively discussion. See
you Thursday!

Kind Regards,
Ryan McGranaghan *on behalf of*
Asti Bhatt