CEDAR email: CEDAR workshop on Reproducibility in Geospace Science

Asti Bhatt asti.bhatt at sri.com
Tue Jun 15 16:59:31 MDT 2021

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to participate in the interactive CEDAR workshop on
*Reproducibility in Geospace Science: Best practices for Data*. The
session is on *Tuesday, 6/22 from 1-3pm MDT*. The goal of this workshop
is to have an active discussion on creating a robust data landscape for
CEDAR science towards ensuring computational reproducibility and
reducing barriers for access to scientific data. The outcome of this
workshop will be a white paper to be submitted to the next decadal
survey. We will discuss the following topics, with input from invited
topic experts, followed by a discussion:

1. Data distribution and licensing
/Topic expert: Kathryn McWillams, SuperDARN/
2. Common data repositories
/Topic expert: Bill Rideout, CEDAR Madrigal Database/
3. Data citation and attribution
/Topic expert: Lan Jiang, NASA SPDF/
4. FAIR data in geospace science
/Topic expert: Liam Kilcommons, AMGeO/
5. Learning from other disciplines
/Topic expert: Kenton McHenry, GEOCODES
/

We hope to have a lively discussion with participation from all
attendees. We will share the white paper draft during the session, where
we will note down everyone's comments, concerns etc - with permission
from the participants.

Thanks,

The InGeO team (Asti Bhatt, Ashton Reimer, Leslie Lamarche, Pablo Reyes
and Todd Valentic)
Tomoko Matsuo
Ryan McGranaghan

--