CEDAR email: CEDAR virtual events for student participants

Komal Kumari kkumari at g.clemson.edu
Fri Jun 4 09:09:13 MDT 2021

Dear CEDAR Student participants,

As CEDAR student representatives, Meghan and I would like to touch base
with you. We hope you had a chance to look into the CEDAR agenda
<https://cpaess.ucar.edu/2021-cedar-workshop>. We will be having our second
virtual CEDAR student workshop this year on *20th June, Sunday*. We hope
that you would benefit from several scheduled talks during the student day.
Unlike last year, we have several student interaction events this year.
They are listed in the following.

20th June Sunday 4:30-5:30 pm MDT

(*Wine and Whine*)

*Trivia* Game on *wonder.me <http://wonder.me/>* platform

21st June Monday 3:30-4:30 pm MDT (*Student office hour support*)

*Career advice* from a panel of scientists

& *data and programming advice * from another panel of scientists

22nd June Tuesday 12:00-1:00 pm MDT (*Lunch with a scientist*)

Interaction with the scientists of CEDAR community

Most importantly, we are providing office hour support to you so that your
questions and concerns may be answered by *two panels of scientists* regarding
your future career in this field and if you need any data and
programming/coding-related advice. If you need any particular advice from
CEDAR esteemed scientists, please plan to participate in these events
during CEDAR. *You can also submit
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QANBdZt7aPOaX-EAaIMnLnEeAJeCh9Smqo9U098hhg4/edit>
your
concerns and questions to us and we will ask them to the panel on your
behalf anonymously.* Looking forward to seeing each of you during CEDAR.

P.S.- We will be publishing the CEDAR student newsletter this year as well.
Let us know if any of you want to write a summary for any individual
session to be included in the newsletter. If you have not come across the
newsletter from the previous year, check out this link
<https://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/images/b/b2/2020_CEDAR2020_SNL.pdf>.

Cheers,

Komal Kumari (kkumari at g.clemson.edu)
Outgoing CEDAR student representative