CEDAR email: "Scientific Software Engineering" @ AGU Fall Meeting

Hirsch, Michael mhirsch at bu.edu
Tue Jul 27 18:01:13 MDT 2021

We invite you to submit an abstract to our AGU Fall Meeting IN035 session on “Scientific Software Engineering”:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/prelim.cgi/Session/124880
Abstract deadline is August 4.

This session covers geospace/geoscience software development for models, analysis, interfaces, frameworks, etc.
Tools and techniques for compiled and scripted software across computing platforms are discussed.
Topics covered in this session include:

* Reproducible simulations and software environments (containers, packaging)
* Integrate externally developed models in different languages into a model framework via meta-build systems such as CMake
* Git software version control in multi-institution teams
* Implementing CI self-tests for nearly any language or program
* compiled languages working together with scripted languages

Convenors: Michael Hirsch, Matthew Zettergren