CEDAR email: Tenure Track Faculty Position in Climate and Space Sciences and Engineering, University of Michigan

Chris Ruf cruf at umich.edu
Tue Oct 13 11:57:46 MDT 2020

The Department of Climate and Space Sciences and Engineering in the
College of Engineering at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor
invites applications for a tenure track faculty position in the field of
space science with strong interest and expertise in plasma processes
preferably of the near-Earth space environment. We seek candidates
interested in advanced numerical methodologies and models and/or in the
development, operation, and analysis of data from related spaceborne
space science instruments. Although the position is open to all ranks,
we especially seek candidates at the Assistant Professor level. We look
for candidates who are capable of developing an internationally
recognized research program, successfully competing for external
funding, mentoring doctoral students, and participating in our
educational programs at the graduate and undergraduate levels.We welcome
applications from candidates whose research addresses cross-disciplinary
areas that complement our existing strengths in space sciences and
engineering and the development of space instrumentation and missions.

Applications should include a cover letter, CV, research and teaching
statements, a statement describing any activities, contributions, or
plans related to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion
<https://www.engin.umich.edu/about/diversity/>, and a list of four
references with contact details. For full consideration, applications
compiled into a single PDF should be received before December 1^st ,
2020. Applications should be addressed to clasp-fac-search at umich.edu
<mailto:clasp-fac-search at umich.edu>. Questions about the position or
application process can be directed to the search committee chair Chris
Ruf (cruf at umich.edu). The availability of this position is contingent
upon final University approval.

University of Michigan is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
CLASP and the College of Engineering are especially interested in
exceptionally well qualified candidates who will contribute, through
their research, teaching, and service, to the department's goal of
eliminating systemic racism and sexism by embracing our culture of
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). Women, minorities, individuals
with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. The University
is also responsive to the needs of dual-career couples. The University
is a non-discriminatory, affirmative action Employer.

Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of
engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership
focus, and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is
supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework
for all that we do.Information about our vision, mission and values can
be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/
<http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu/>.

The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to DEI.
The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive,
five-year, DEI strategic plan—with updates on our programs and resources
dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair, and inclusive environment—can
be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity
<http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity>.

--
Prof. Christopher Ruf
Frederick Bartman Collegiate Professor of Climate and Space Science