CEDAR email: 2020 CEDAR workshop: CANCELLED

Astrid Maute maute at ucar.edu
Fri Mar 20 10:43:12 MDT 2020

Dear CEDAR Community,

In light of the current COVID-19 situation and the likelihood that we are
in for an extended period of social distancing, the CEDAR Science Steering
Committee unanimously voted to recommend cancelling the in-person 2020
CEDAR summer meeting.

CPAESS, the meeting planning group within UCAR, is coordinating meeting
cancelation efforts with the hotels.

CPAESS will also work on refunding any fees that community members have
paid for registration etc.   That will likely come later as there is much
to do with the meeting cancellation efforts.

The CSSC will revisit a distance meeting option in the future after all of
us have had a time to get to a new normal.   (We are all volunteers and
need to attend to our primary jobs.)

Please stay healthy and take care of you, your family, your students.

Delores Knipp, CSSC Chair

--
Astrid Maute
maute at ucar.edu
High Altitude Observatory
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000, USA
phone: +1 303 497 1539
Office location: 3080 Center Green Drive, Boulder, CO 80301