CEDAR email: 2020 CEDAR Workshop: 'Status and Needs of Thermospheric Winds' (virtual attendance information)

Dandenault, Patrick B. Patrick.Dandenault at jhuapl.edu
Fri Jun 19 13:08:57 MDT 2020

Dear All,

Please see below for information on attending next week’s 2020 CEDAR Virtual Workshop, ‘Status and Needs of Thermospheric Winds’.

2020 Workshop: Status and Needs Thermospheric Winds
Thursday, June 25th, 2020
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Mountain Daylight Time (MDT)
Conveners:
 Patrick Dandenault (JHU/APL)
  Brian Harding (SSL/Berkeley)
  Steve Kaeppler (Clemson U)
  Sovit Khadka (NJIT)

Agenda
http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2020_Workshop:Status_and_Needs_Thermospheric_Winds#Agenda

Talk #. (length) Presenter, Org - Title
1. (10) Sovit Khadka, NJIT - 'Equatorial Thermospheric Wind Profiles from the SOFDI Instrument.'
2. (10) Steve Kaeppler, Clemson U. - 'E-region Neutral winds and Joule Heating derived from PFISR for 2010-2019.'
3. (10) Liv Toonen, KNMI/The Netherlands - 'Analysis of lower thermosphere in-situ wind data as part of the phase 0 definition studies for Daedalus.'
4. (10) Jonathan Krall, NRL - 'The application of midnight temperature maximum wind data to ESF prediction.'
5. (10) Brian Harding, Berkeley SSL - 'Winds from the ICON/MIGHTI instrument.'
6. (20) Bob Sica, U of W. Ontario - 'Thermospheric Dynamics: Past informs present.'
7. (10) Aaron Ridley, U of Michican - 'The control of dayside high-latitude thermospheric winds.'
8. (10) Bob Kerr, CPI - TBD
9. (10) Patrick Dandenault, JHU/APL - 'The relationship between neutral winds and bubbles/ESF/Scintillation.'

Total: 100 minutes / 120 minutes total

Virtual Attendance Information:

2020 CEDAR Neutral Winds Session
Thu, Jun 25, 2020 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM (MDT)

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/806069765

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (408) 650-3123<tel:+14086503123,,806069765>

Access Code: 806-069-765

New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/806069765

Workshop Description
The purpose of this 2-year workshop series, which started at CEDAR 2019, is to bring together various experimental and modeling stakeholders interested in advancing our understanding of thermospheric winds and their variability. To wit, we seek to perform a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis on our current understanding of thermospheric winds. Such an analysis requires 1) a review of our current understanding of thermospheric winds, 2) the identification of needed measurements, 3) identification of unanswered problems, and 4) assessment of closure in the next 10-years. The workshops will be organized to produce a community-accessible traceability matrix associated with this SWOT analysis.