CEDAR email: Call for ISR World Day Proposals for 2021 - deadline 31 July 2020

Kavanagh, Andrew J. andkav at bas.ac.uk
Sun Jul 12 11:39:02 MDT 2020

**** Incoherent Scatter Radar World Days 2021****

Dear Colleagues

We would like to solicit proposals for Incoherent Scatter Radar world day operations for 2021

Submission Deadline: Friday 31 July 2020

This is an opportunity to direct the global network of radars towards a single scientific objective for time scales of a few days.

Guidelines for applying for a World Day are attached as is a template for the application.

Obviously an in-person meeting was not feasible this year. Consequently the process for selecting World Days will be slightly different this year.
All proposals will be circulated to radar operators and an on-line discussion (including all proposers) will be held after the submission deadline.

We are working on the assumption that operations next year will be relatively normal. This is, of course, highly subject to change and we will adapt as circumstances dictate.

If you have benefitted from World Day operations in the past we would be very pleased to hear from you with details.  It is good to assess how effective these experiments are, and useful for the radar operators when reporting to their funding bodies.

Andrew Kavanagh
Emma Spanswick

Dr. Andrew J. Kavanagh |UK EISCAT Science Support |British Antarctic Survey
High Cross, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0ET
Email: andkav at bas.ac.uk<mailto:andkav at bas.ac.uk> |Tel: +44 (0)1223 221314

NERC is part of UK Research and Innovation www.ukri.org<http://www.ukri.org>
Please think of the environment before printing out this message

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the attachments. UKRI does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses. Opinions, conclusions or other information in this message and attachments that are not related directly to UKRI business are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of UKRI.