CEDAR email: The National Center for Atmospheric Research is Hiring!

Naomi Letourneau naomil at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 6 12:46:48 MST 2020

The National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) is hiring a Lab
Director for our High Altitude Observatory (HAO) Laboratory. HAO research
focuses on the impact of Solar variability on Earth’s atmosphere across
temporal scales, with the goal of gaining a better understanding of the key
physical processes that can both improve and inform next-generation
forecasts of space weather, associated hazards, and space climate.

The Director’s primary responsibilities will be to strategically lead the
lab’s scientific and administrative direction, in alignment with NCAR’s
strategic goals and missions. As a member of the NCAR Executive Committee,
the Director shares in NCAR management deliberations and decisions,
offering on the behalf of NCAR and HAO advice on matters such as scientific
goals, initiatives and standards, budgets, priorities, policies, programs,
and other matters.
Join the NCAR team where our focus is on science for the betterment of
society and where we support our staff with excellent benefits.  To apply
for the HAO Lab Director position, please visit our website
<https://ucar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UCAR_Careers/job/Center-Green-1/NCAR-Associate-Director---HAO_REQ-2019-105-1>
at the updated link.