CEDAR email: CEDAR Science Steering Committee: nomination input

Astrid Maute maute at ucar.edu
Mon May 20 10:13:47 MDT 2019

Dear CEDAR community:

Each year at the CEDAR workshop, colleagues from the community are selected
to serve on the CEDAR Science Steering Committee (CSSC). This year, we will
be filling five positions.

We strive to comprise the CSSC of a diverse and engaged set of peers to
represent and respond to the broader CEDAR community, as well as to plan
the annual CEDAR workshop. Thus, we hereby solicit input from the community
for nominations of potential new CSSC members, including a new student
member. Please send names for consideration to the current CSSC chair,
Jonathan Makela (jmakela at illinois.edu), and incoming CSSC chair, Delores
Knipp (delores.knipp at colorado.edu).

Current CSSC members who are rotating off at the year’s workshop are Roger
Varney, Ethan Miller, Lynn Harvey, Nithin Sivadas (student rep), and
Jonathan Makela. The full CSSC roster, as well as a historical listing of
all past CSSCs can be found at:

https://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/Community:CSSC

We look forward to seeing you in Santa Fe next month.

Regards,

Jonathan Makela and Delores Knipp (on behalf of the CSSC)