CEDAR email: The first call for ESWW16 abstracts - session 17: Satellite and ground-based observations ...

Guram Kervalishvili guram.kervalishvili at gfz-potsdam.de
Sun May 19 07:28:00 MDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

we would like to draw your attention and invite you to consider submitting an abstract to the Sixteenth European Space Weather Week (ESWW16), Session 17 - Satellite and ground-based observations for space weather and space climate monitoring and modelling (http://www.stce.be/esww2019/program/session_details.php?nr=17 <http://www.stce.be/esww2019/program/session_details.php?nr=17>), which will be held from 18 to 22 November 2019, Liège, Belgium.

Abstract submission: http://www.stce.be/esww2019/program/sessions.php <http://www.stce.be/esww2019/program/sessions.php>

Season 17: Satellite and ground-based observations for space weather and space climate monitoring and modelling
The session aims to provide the possibility to present and discuss contributions on the use of data from satellite and ground-based observations, in order to enhance the understanding of space weather and space climate, and their impact on critical infrastructure. A true global picture of space weather and space climate, in which regional effects can be put into a global context, can be obtained from the combination of space and ground measurements. Being able to predict extreme events and develop strategies for mitigation is very important for space assets (including future satellite mission concepts) and critical infrastructures on the ground.

We welcome presentations on the use of data obtained from satellite and ground-based measurements in the heliosphere, magnetosphere, ionosphere and thermosphere. Contributions are welcome on the topics of data processing, data harmonization, combining different data sources, data assimilation, model development, validation and verification, as well as development and production of solar, geomagnetic and ionospheric indices.

We look forward to receiving your contributions and thank you very much for your attention.

Sincerely yours, session conveners,
Guram Kervalishvili and Eelco Doornbos

---
Dr. Guram Kervalishvili
Section 2.3: Geomagnetism
Tel.: +49 331 288 1882
Fax: +49 331 288 1235
Email: gmk at gfz-potsdam.de

Helmholtz Centre Potsdam
GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
Foundation under public law of the federal state of Brandenburg
Telegrafenberg, D-14473 Potsdam