CEDAR email: System Science Workshop Announcement

mdenton at spacescience.org mdenton at spacescience.org
Wed Jan 10 12:36:29 MST 2018

MEETING: Systems Science Workshop in Los Alamos, New Mexico, July 24-26,
2018

A 3-day workshop “Exploring Systems-Science Techniques for the Earth’s
Magnetosphere-Ionosphere-Thermosphere” will be held July 24-26, 2018 at
Fuller Lodge in Los Alamos, New Mexico, USA.

The workshop website is:

   http://gemelli.spacescience.org/mdenton/ssworkshop/

The goals of this workshop are
(1) to assess the system properties of the M-I-T
(2) to establish new mathematical techniques for the M-I-T system
(3) to develop systems-science methodologies specific to the M-I-T and
its measurements
(4) to explore collaborations and funding opportunities
(5) to discuss ideas, problems, needs, …

The workshop will be a mix of presentations and audience-participation
discussions.

The workshop conveners are:
Joe Borovsky, Space Science Institute, Los Alamos
     jborovsky at spacescience.org
Enrico Camporeale, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica, Amsterdam
     e.camporeale at cwi.nl
Mick Denton, Space Science Institute, Los Alamos
     mdenton at spacescience.org
Jeff Thayer, University of Colorado, Boulder
     Jeffrey.Thayer at colorado.edu
Juan Alejandro Valdivia, Universidad de Chile, Santiago
     alejo at macul.ciencias.uchile.cl
Simon Wing, JHU Applied Physics Lab, Laurel
     Simon.Wing at jhuapl.edu

Los Alamos is located in the mountains of Northern New Mexico. The
weather in July should be pleasant and not hot. The workshop will be
held in the historic Fuller Lodge in downtown Los Alamos:

https://www.osti.gov/opennet/manhattan-project-history/Resources/photo_gallery/fuller_lodge.htm

Hotel information can be found on the conference website.

Los Alamos is a 2-hour drive from the Albuquerque airport (ABQ) or a
1-hour drive from the Santa Fe airport (SAF). More travel information
can be found on the conference website.

There will be no registration fee for the workshop. Please contact Joe
Borovsky (jborovsky at spacescience.org) to get on the attendance list and
to get in the workshop schedule.

For more info, contact Joe Borovsky or anyone on the organizing committee.

Michael H. Denton
Research Scientist
Space Science Institute
4750 Walnut Street Suite 205