CEDAR email: Space Weather Workshop in Oslo - Birkeland Jubilee 2017

Pål Brekke paal.brekke at spacecentre.no
Mon Mar 13 00:49:53 MDT 2017

Dear Space Weather colleagues,

In 2017, the legacy of the physicist Kristian Birkeland still stands solid – 150 years after his birth and 100 years after his death.

http://www.mn.uio.no/english/about/news-and-events/events/birkeland-jubilee/

In connection with the 150 anniversary of Kristian Birkeland in Oslo we arrange a Birkeland Space Weather Symposium

http://www.mn.uio.no/english/about/news-and-events/events/birkeland-jubilee/birkeland-space-weather-symposium-15-16-june-2017_program(1).pdf

On June 15, we have many interesting invited talks.
June 16, we invite you to give a contributed talk. The main focus will be on the end user for space weather service products.

Spread information within your organization and relevant partners.

Mark the event in your calendar!
Information on registration coming later on the first mentioned webpage above. The Symposium will be a free event (no registration fee) and you are also welcomed to attend the event on June 14. This will be a celebration of Birkeland’s industrial adventures.

Sincerely,

Pål Brekke and Jøran Moen

Dr. Pål Brekke  (paal.brekke at spacecentre.no)

Seniorrådgiver - Romforskning      //  Senior Advisor - Space Science
Norsk Romsenter  //  Norwegian Space Centre
Drammensvn 165, P.O. Box 113 Skøyen, N-0212 Oslo, Norway
Tel +47 22511800 (Direct: 827) Fax +47 22511801
Cell Phone: +47 9087 1961

http://www.romsenter.no ++ http://www.spacecentre.no