CEDAR email: advertisement of GEM-CEDAR sessions at 2015 mini-GEM workshop

Shim, Ja Soon (GSFC-674.0)[CATHOLIC UNIV OF AMERICA] jasoon.shim at nasa.gov
Fri Oct 16 11:23:23 MDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to advertise that two GEM-CEDAR sessions, (1) GEM-CEDAR Modeling Challenge and (2) GEM-CEDAR Grand Challenges, will be held during 2015 GEM Mini-Workshop:
date:  Sunday, December 13th, 2014,
time:  02:20-06:10 pm,

In the first session (02:20-04:10 pm), we will review ongoing project of the GEM-CEDAR Modeling Challenge and discuss the action plans in preparation for upcoming Joint GEM-CEDAR 2016 summer workshop.

Tentative topics to be discussed are:

  *   Metrics and validation of TEC in large geographical areas
  *   Modeling Challenges in auroral region
  *   Uncertainty and sensitivity analysis

During the second session (04:20-06:10 pm), we will discuss on how CCMC can better support ongoing GEM-CEDAR Grand Challenges, campaigns, and initiatives.

  *   GEM-CEDAR Grand Challenge workshop: Storms and Substorms without boarder (http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2015_Workshop:Storms_and_Substorms_Without_Borders#CEDAR_Science_Challenge)
  *   World Day 2016

The agenda of the sessions will be sent out later.

If you are interested in presenting your thoughts and ideas, and you have suggestions or comments on the GEM-CEDAR Grand Challenge workshop, please let us know.

Please plan your trip to participate the GEM-CEDAR sessions.

Best Regards,

Masha Kuznetsova
Naomi Maruyama
Ja Soon Shim