CEDAR email: 2010 Fall AGU Special Session SA02 Forecasting the Ionosphere and Thermosphere at Low Latitudes

Gentile, Louise C Civ USAF AFMC AFRL/RVBXP Louise.Gentile at hanscom.af.mil
Thu Aug 5 17:15:21 MDT 2010

All,

Observations from the C/NOS mission continue to provide exciting
insights into the dynamics of the equatorial ionosphere.  We encourage
you to send an abstract to the 2010 Fall AGU Special Session SA02 which
is related to C/NOFS and the equatorial ionosphere/thermosphere:

SA02 -- Forecasting the Ionosphere and Thermosphere at Low Latitudes

Our ability to forecast the ionosphere and thermosphere at low latitudes
is limited by poor characterization of ionosphere-thermosphere coupling
mechanisms, as well as limited understanding of the coupling between
high and low latitudes. Contributions are solicited that exploit models,
C/NOFS and other satellite data, and ground-based observations to
improve our ability to specify and forecast the thermosphere and
ionosphere, including scintillation.

Abstract deadline is September 2, 2010.  If you have any questions,
please contact the Co-conveners: Dave Anderson, Cheryl Huang, Yi-Jiun
Su, and Odile

Thank you!

Odile