[Wrf-users] Precipitation Rate from Standard WRFouts

Benson, Randall Randall.Benson at avangrid.com
Mon Jul 2 15:50:37 MDT 2018

Hello,

I am trying to find the equation for calculating Precipitation Rate (kg/m^2)/hr.  Does anyone have an equation for this using wrfout moisture variables?

In my wrfout files, I see a number of mixing ratio variables (cloud water, rain water, total condensate) that might be used to calculate this but it seems I'm missing the "rate" term to obtain the precipitation rate with the units above...?

Thank you,
Randall

Randall P. Benson, PhD
Wind Asset Meteorologist, Global Services

1125 NW Couch Street, Suite 700
Portland, Oregon, USA 97209
Telephone  503-796-7129
Cell  971-227-2477
randall.benson at avangrid.com

In the interest of the environment,
please print only if necessary and recycle.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and immediately delete this message and any attachment hereto and/or copy hereof, as such message contains confidential information intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The use or disclosure of such information to third parties is prohibited by law and may give rise to civil or criminal liability.

The views presented in this message are solely those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Avangrid Renewables, LLC. or any company of its group. Neither Avangrid Renewables, LLC. nor any company of its group guarantees the integrity, security or proper receipt of this message. Likewise, neither Avangrid Renewables, LLC. nor any company of its group accepts any liability whatsoever for any possible damages arising from, or in connection with, data interception, software viruses or manipulation by third parties.