[Wrf-users] Error in excuting ndow.exe of WRFV3.9.1.1

wuhv pop122344 at 163.com
Tue May 8 01:22:24 MDT 2018

Hi all,
I am writing to report a bug which may cause fatal error in excuting ndown.exe in the latest WRFV3.9.1.1.
So I set the namelist debug_level=100, the ouput shows an error "integer divide by zero" after printing "wrf: calling alloc_and_configure_domain fine", so the bug seems result from subroutine alloc_and_configure_domain ().

A simple google gives following links, which actually suggests the same bug, but for a earlier WRF version.
http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/wrf-users/2010/001762.html
http://forum.wrfforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5704

For now, I did not do other tests for the bug, I work around by using ndown.exe from WRFV3.7.

Best wishes,
Ray Wu