[Wrf-users] spectral nudging of only certain levels and above

Marcella, Marc MMarcella at AIR-WORLDWIDE.COM
Thu Aug 6 13:58:00 MDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to use spectral nudging only for the top 16 levels of the model. However, I am confused by what proper flags need to be used/set.  When I try to use, for example, the "if_zfac_uv= 1, k_zfac_uv = 16, the model output looks no different than a simulation where if_zfac_uv is set to 0.  What are the proper edits to namelist.input that need to be done to accomplish this?

Thanks