[Wrf-users] Converting netcdf files to intermediate files

David Stanfel dstanfel at ualberta.ca
Tue Aug 4 12:01:58 MDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to convert netcdf output data from the ESM2M earth system model
to the intermediate file format to be used as initial conditions for the
WRF. I am having trouble understanding how to do this. On the tutorial
site, the sample program is given by ucar here:

http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Basics/IM_files/sample.f90

I'm very new to this and don't understand how to do this part:

READ in your data from the original source - you need to add the
reading code here

Any help with this or being able to use this netcdf data in the WRF
model would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David