[Wrf-users] WRF-EULAG/LES model

Md Hosen md.hosen at live.vu.edu.au
Wed May 6 02:23:08 MDT 2015

Dear Users,

Could you please give a detail idea on WRF-EULAG/LES model.

(1). Is WRF and EULAG/LES is separate model and also run separately?, or EULAG/LES is a part into the WRF model? If I want to use this model then is it need to install any additional library for EULAG/LES model or it is already built within WRF model?

(2). If I use 3D-TKE diffusion instead of PBL scheme for high resolution (500m), and set the following major options:

bl_pbl_physics=0

 diff_opt=2

 km_opt=2 or 3

Is this mean that WRF-EULAG/LES model will be selected?

(3). Is WRF-EULAG/LES model appropriate for urban temperature and relative humidity simulation?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Hossain