[Wrf-users] WPS time interpolation?

Matt Masarik mattmasarik at boisestate.edu
Wed Feb 18 23:00:44 MST 2015

Hi All,

I'm new to running WRF and this list.  I'm interested in doing some
benchmarking
and believe I only need to do a few ( ~ 10)  time steps for this purpose.
I am using
the NARR 3-hourly dataset for lateral boundary conditions.  My problem is I
can't
figure out how to do short runs like this (much shorter than 3 hours) with
3-hourly
forcing data.

I have tried playing with the time fields in namelist.wps /
namelist.input.  From these
experiments I get that 'end_date' must be at least 'interval_seconds'
greater
than 'start_date'.  To satisfy that the forcing data would need to be
interpolated
in time to smaller time intervals.  Can that be done with WPS?  Or, if I'm
not going
in the right direction, is there another way to solve this?

Thanks for your consideration,
Matt