[Wrf-users] WPS time interpolation?

Eric Altshuler ela at cola.iges.org
Fri Feb 20 15:17:01 MST 2015

Hi Matt,

There is no need to do this interpolation. You can use the run_days, run_hours, run_minutes and run_seconds variables in namelist.input to control the length of your run, regardless of how long the period covered by your lateral boundary conditions is (of course, the run length specified by the run_* variables cannot be longer than the period covered by the boundary conditions). If you're only running for a few time steps, you should probably set run_seconds to an exact multiple of the time step (in seconds) and the other run_* variables to 0. These run_* namelist settings do not affect WPS or real.exe, only wrf.exe

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
253 Research Hall, Mail Stop 6C5
George Mason University
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030 USA