[Wrf-users] WRF Domain Wizard

Md Hosen md.hosen at live.vu.edu.au
Wed Feb 18 05:03:42 MST 2015

Dear All,

Good day!

This is my first try to use WRF Domain Wizard. But I have faced a problem. I want to run the WRF model for Temperature simulation for 24 hours from 2009-01-28 (12:00:00) to 2009-01-29 (12:00:00). I also manually edited the namelist.wps file in "WPS" folder and "Domain" folder.

When I click on "ungrib" and "geogrid" tab within WRF Domain Wizard window, it showed the following error message:

"The error typically comes from a mismatch between dates found in the namelist.wps and the date of GRIBFILE.AAA"

I uploaded both namelist.wps and GRIB data files description here. Please find the attached files.
Could anyone please help me. What mistakes I have done?
Is it need to edit both namelist.wps file in WPS and Domain folder?

Furthermore, I used NCEP global Reanalysis (GRIB2) data. In this case which Vtable I have to use? Vtable NCEP2 is okay for this case?

I would be very grateful if anyone please help me.

Thanks in advance,
Shishir

?