[Wrf-users] Sigma levels to geopotential heights (in meters)

Seyed Omid Nabavi omid.nabavy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 10:38:41 MDT 2014

Dear Paula,

First of all, thanks for your time.

I also use NCL to map data and I am sure this command will help in next
steps of the study.
But at the moment, I want to produce dust maps in geopotential layers not
vertical interpolation. As you know, we analyze atmospheric data more based
on constant pressure layers. for example wind streams in 500 hPa. Since,  I
want to convert sigma layers to geopotential heights (in meters) and then
depict dust particles in any single layers.
For instance: the concentration of dust particles in 850 hPa not in sigma
layer 4,5, 15..... etc.

Thanks again,

Uni. Email: a1276905 at unet.univie.ac.at