[Wrf-users] Sigma levels to geopotential heights (in meters)

Paula Doubrawa pdoubraw at indiana.edu
Wed Mar 26 10:11:58 MDT 2014

Hi, Seyed

You can use your geopotential heights at the sigma levels to interpolate
your variables... I always do it with ncl, and it's very easy with the
function

wrf_user_intrp3d (see
here<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_user_intrp3d.shtml>
)

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Seyed Omid Nabavi
<omid.nabavy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am trying to map forecasted dust storms in different geopotential
> heights , not sigma levels, from wrfout file.
> I used formula hPa=PH+PHB/g to calculate this parameter, but as you
> absolutely know it returns geo-heights in sigma levels. While I am trying
> to replace sigma level by geo-heights and sort forecasted data based on it.
>
> Maybe it is a commonplace command, but unfortunately I could not find it
> on the net,
> Thanks in Advance,

> Seyed Omid Nabavi;
>
> PhD student, University of Vienna,
>
> Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy
>
> Department of Geography and Regional Research
>
> UZA II Althanstrasse 14 A-1010 Vienna
>
> Uni. Email: a1276905 at unet.univie.ac.at

*Paula Doubrawa*
PhD Student