[Wrf-users] Sigma levels to geopotential heights (in meters)

Seyed Omid Nabavi omid.nabavy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 09:43:59 MDT 2014

Dear all,
I am trying to map forecasted dust storms in different geopotential heights
, not sigma levels, from wrfout file.
I used formula hPa=PH+PHB/g to calculate this parameter, but as you
absolutely know it returns geo-heights in sigma levels. While I am trying
to replace sigma level by geo-heights and sort forecasted data based on it.

Maybe it is a commonplace command, but unfortunately I could not find it on
the net,
Thanks in Advance,

Seyed Omid Nabavi;

PhD student, University of Vienna,

Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy

Department of Geography and Regional Research

UZA II Althanstrasse 14 A-1010 Vienna

Uni. Email: a1276905 at unet.univie.ac.at