[Wrf-users] WRF efficiency on different architectures

Jan Harlaß jharlass at geomar.de
Thu Mar 22 01:47:54 MDT 2012

Hi Saji,

you could have a look at the benchmark results for WRF:
http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/WG2/bench/Bench_V3_20081028.htm

Or a WRF benchmark especially for SGI (since I use this kind of machine):
http://www.sgi.com/products/servers/ice/8400/benchmarks/wrf.html

Basically you have to look at the compiler settings and, as Guillermo mentioned, think about the architecture of your machine. There is no straight answer for this.

Regards,

	Jan