[Wrf-users] WRF efficiency on different architectures

Saji Hameed saji at u-aizu.ac.jp
Wed Mar 21 18:47:13 MDT 2012

Setting aside the efficiency factor introduced by compilers, you would
have to consider the impact of interconnecting
devices.  In my case, I use relatively slow processors (1.7 GHz)
interconnected by fast network (InfiniBand).  Each node in
my system is a 4 socket AMD supermicro server with each socket having
a12core AMD Magnycours at 1.7GHz.  Each node
is interconnected through InfiniBand.  I have four such nodes and they
seem to giving quite good scaleup.  I do not have
the numbers right now, but I could post it later if there is interest.

saji

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Guillermo Fernández
<guillermo.fernandez at meteogalicia.es> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for information about WRF efficiency on different
> architectures (AMD, Intel, p-series,...). Any information is welcome.
>
> Regards
>
> Guillermo
>
> --
> MeteoGalicia
>     Guillermo Fernández García
>     Dpto. Predición Numérica e Investigación Rúa Roma, 6
>     15.707 Santiago de Compostela
>     Tel: +34 981 957 462
>     Fax: +34 981 957 466
>     guillermo.fernandez at meteogalicia.es
>     www.meteogalicia.es

Saji N Hameed,
ARC-ENV, Center for Advanced Information Science and Technology,
University of Aizu, Tsuruga, Ikki-machi,
Aizuwakamatsu-shi, Fukushima 965-8580,
Japan

Tel: +81242 37-2736
Fax:+81242 37-2760