[Wrf-users] limiting WRF output

Keller Johannes johannes.keller at psi.ch
Thu Mar 24 00:48:00 MDT 2011

David,

save the original Registry file Registry.EM as a backup, then remove the "h* (stands for history) in the "IO" column of those state variables you don't want to be written to the wrfout_.... file(s).

Hannes

On Mar 23, 2011, at 7:02 PM, David Bryan wrote:

> I want to limit the output of WRF 3.2 ARW to just a few parameters--wind speed
> and temperature--while keeping the rest of its operation as a default
> installation.  After reading the User's Guide, I thought that perhaps changing
> the Registry file was the way to address that.  However, after looking at the
> Registry files, all the parameters seemed to affect the internal operation of
> the model; I didn't find a part that was solely concerned with output.
>
> Should I be focusing on the namelist.output instead?
>
> Also, is there a way to limit the output file to a subset of gridpoints within a
> given domain?
>
> Thanks!

Dr.Johannes Keller
Paul Scherrer Institut (PSI)
Laboratory of Atmospheric Chemistry (LAC)
Building OFLA / 012
CH-5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
Phone: +41 56 310 20 65,  Fax: +41 56 310 45 25
e-mail: johannes.keller(at)psi.ch
http://www.psi.ch/
http://lac.web.psi.ch