[Wrf-users] limiting WRF output

David Bryan davidstephenbryan at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 12:02:02 MDT 2011

I want to limit the output of WRF 3.2 ARW to just a few parameters--wind speed
and temperature--while keeping the rest of its operation as a default
installation.  After reading the User's Guide, I thought that perhaps changing
the Registry file was the way to address that.  However, after looking at the
Registry files, all the parameters seemed to affect the internal operation of
the model; I didn't find a part that was solely concerned with output.

Should I be focusing on the namelist.output instead?

Also, is there a way to limit the output file to a subset of gridpoints within a
given domain?

Thanks!