[Wrf-users] Write specific output data at each time step

Huy Tran tnquanghuy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 18:35:25 MST 2010

Hi,

I'm going to run WRF simulation for about one month in the time step of
4 seconds and write output data hourly. I do really want high temporal
resolution output data (i.e. every 4s) but don't have enormous storage
capacity to write all output at that frequency. So my question is what
should be the script and how to modify it to have WRF write out just a
specific variable (e.g. temperature) at each time step to an ascii file
(or netcdf or whatever format) while still writing all output data
hourly as normal?

Thank you in advance.

Huy