[Wrf-users] Converting HDF to something usable by WRF

Scott Mackaro Scott.M.Mackaro at noaa.gov
Fri Nov 13 10:54:49 MST 2009

I am trying to use a MODIS SST composite as an initial condition for a
WRF simulation.  Prior to 2007, the data is available in a format that
can be converted to either HDF or binary flat files.  I am aware that
HDF format can be converted to NetCDF files; however, I am not aware of
how to get WRF to use this data since it is not in grib format.  Does
anyone have experience with an issue such as this that can provide a
quick way to make use of the SST composite?  Thanks.

--
Scott M. Mackaro, Ph.D.
Research Associate