[Wrf-users] wrf simulations' validation

Ravan Ahmadov ravan.ahmadov at noaa.gov
Sun Sep 13 20:58:43 MDT 2009

Gisele,

You can use the Cressman interpolation method, it's described in:
Zhong, S. Y., H. J. In, et al. (2007). "Impact of turbulence, land
surface, and radiation parameterizations on simulated boundary layer
properties in a coastal environment." Journal of Geophysical
Research-Atmospheres 112(D13): 14.

Hope this helps,
Ravan.

Gisele Zepka wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I want to validate some simulations from WRFV2. My domain resolution is
> 10 km and I have some observational data from surface stations. The
> coordinates of stations aren't coincidents with WRF grid points. Maybe I
> need to interpolate the nearest grid points of stations location.
> Please, I need some help.
>
> Gisele
>

> __________ Informação do ESET Smart Security, versão da vacina 4417 (20090911) __________
>
> A mensagem foi verificada pelo  ESET Smart Security.
>
> http://www.eset.com

Ravan Ahmadov

CIRES Research Associate
Chemical Sciences Division