[Wrf-users] wrf simulations' validation

Juan Gonzalez ocean.gonzalez at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 20:10:39 MDT 2009

Gisele,
I have used the wrf_ll_to_ij function in NCL (
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wrf_ll_to_ij.shtml) to
get the closest grid indices for the station location and then get the data
for the indices given by the function. Also you could use bilinear
interpolation or other type of average with the surrounding grid points.

Juan

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Gisele Zepka <giselezepka at bol.com.br>wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I want to validate some simulations from WRFV2. My domain resolution is
> 10 km and I have some observational data from surface stations. The
> coordinates of stations aren't coincidents with WRF grid points. Maybe I
> need to interpolate the nearest grid points of stations location.
> Please, I need some help.
>
> Gisele
>

> __________ Informação do ESET Smart Security, versão da vacina 4417
> (20090911) __________
>
> A mensagem foi verificada pelo  ESET Smart Security.
>
> http://www.eset.com

Juan O. Gonzalez
Research Assistant - Caribbean Integrated Coastal Ocean Observing System

Graduate Student - Physical Oceanography
Marine Sciences Department
University of Puerto Rico - Mayaguez Campus