[Wrf-users] Creating new WPS static data

Jorge Alejandro Arevalo Borquez jaareval at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 08:55:15 MST 2008

Hi,
I'm trying to make 2 new datasets for geogrid static data:
1. 87 metersTopography Height for north of Chile
2. 87 meters Land Use for north of Chile
I follow the WPS-Advanced tutorial, i.e.
1. I write data to proper geogrid binary format, using my own java program.
I check data using an Hexadecimal editor and everything looks ok.
2. I create the index file for datasets:
Code: Select all<http://forum.wrfforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=498&sid=627900e89cd59078c54449e6050f4b32#>type
= categorical
category_min=1
category_max=36
projection = lambert
dx = 87.56107189
dy = 87.56107189
known_x = 1.0
known_y = 1.0
known_lat = -33.952507
known_lon = -71.839030
truelat1 = -5.0
truelat2 = -42.0
stdlon = -60.0
wordsize = 1
tile_x = 9430
tile_y = 16505
tile_z = 1
units = "LU-category"
description = "36-category USGS landuse"
missing_value = 127

3. Edit GEOGRID.TBL in diferent ways, and always obtain, after run geogrid,
a domain constant with zeros for topo and 16 (water) for land use.

Anyone has any suggestion?

thanks
Jorge Arévalo Bórquez