[Wrf-users] Using GRIB2 SST data from FTPPRD with WRF Preprocessing System

Eduardo Penabad Ramos edu.penabad at meteogalicia.es
Mon Nov 24 05:24:39 MST 2008

Dear all!

I'm trying to read GRIB2 SST data from
<ftp://ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/sst.YYYYMMDD/>
ftp://ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/sst.YYYYMMDD/ with
ungrib

With the "old" GRIB1 files, everything worked ok, but with GRIB2 data,
ungrib is giving me this kind of errors:

Longitude of origin required as follows:
-180E <= lon1 <= 180W
ERROR: MAP_INIT

I don't know whether this is a problem of the dataset, a bug in ungrib or a
wrong "Vtable" for this dataset.

Does anyone have some advice on this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Eduardo Penabad
MeteoGalicia - NWP Department