[Wrf-users] Restart option

Goran Gasparac gorangas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 06:29:42 MST 2008

Dear all,

Sometimes i got problem with forecasting 2. and 3. day..
1. and 4. day are quite alright, better say it: almost perfect, but there is
something wrong with 2. and 3. day..

I don't thinks that there is an error in my initial data (GFS), because, for
example:
A) 2 days ago, forecast for 4. day was very good, but
B) yesterday forecast for 3. day (which was in A) part, forecast for 4. day)
was a much worse.

That situation is happening almost 4,5 times per week..

It cross my mind that maybe it is connected with restart interval?
Current setup is:
 restart                                = .false.,
 restart_interval                    = 5000,

So this is false, so i suppose that this r_e of 5000 minutes is not involved
in simulation?
Should i set it to true, and e.g. 1440 (every day)?

Related to that,
Restart interval means that that after xx minutes is generated wrfrst file,
which is in fact initial data for further simulation..and so on??

Apreciate on any help,

BR
Goran Gasparac