[Wrf-users] WRF compile problems (WRFV3)

jcrosby jcrosby at scotiaweather.com
Fri Jul 25 06:58:43 MDT 2008

Good morning everyone.

I recently downloaded and am in the process of installing WRFV3 but have
run into a few problems getting it to compile.

Running:
Ubuntu 8.04(hardy)
Kernel 2.6.24-19-generic
2 - 2.8ghz Dual Core Intel Xeon CPUs
gfortran and gcc compilers.

Installed gfortran, gcc and Perl via apt-get.
Compiled netCDF, MPI and NCAR(without NCL) using gfortran and gcc.
Installed JasPer, PNG, zlib via apt-get.

On to the errors.  During complie (Using compile em_b_wave to test but
get the same errors with the others as well) I get the following errors:
<ERROR>
Error: Unexpected assignment statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:85.6:

  ELSE
     1
Error: Unexpected ELSE statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:86.14:

SUBROUTINE wrf_ioinit( Status )
1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
module_io.f90:61.15:

  IMPLICIT NONE
              1
module_io.f90:38.47:

  LOGICAL, PRIVATE :: bdy_dist_flag = .TRUE.
                                              2
Error: IMPLICIT NONE statement at (1) cannot follow data declaration
statement at (2)
module_io.f90:67.12:

  Status = 0
           1
Error: Unexpected assignment statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:68.10:

  ierr = 0
         1
Error: Unexpected assignment statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:69.18:

  SysDepInfo = " "
                 1
Error: Unexpected assignment statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:70.53:

  CALL wrf_debug( 500, 'module_io.F: in wrf_ioinit' )
                                                    1
Error: Unexpected CALL statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:71.26:

  CALL init_io_handles
                         1
Error: Unexpected CALL statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:73.46:

  CALL ext_ncd_ioinit(   SysDepInfo, ierr(1) )
                                             1
Error: Unexpected CALL statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:76.46:

  CALL ext_int_ioinit(   SysDepInfo, ierr(2) )
                                             1
Error: Unexpected CALL statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:77.46:

  CALL ext_gr1_ioinit(   SysDepInfo, ierr(9) )
                                             1
Error: Unexpected CALL statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:78.47:

  CALL ext_gr2_ioinit(   SysDepInfo, ierr(10) )
                                              1
Error: Unexpected CALL statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:79.23:

  minerr = MINVAL(ierr)
                      1
Error: Unexpected assignment statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:80.23:

  maxerr = MAXVAL(ierr)
                      1
Error: Unexpected assignment statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:81.24:

  IF ( minerr < 0 ) THEN
                       1
Error: Unexpected block IF statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:82.19:

    Status = minerr
                  1
Error: Unexpected assignment statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:83.29:

  ELSE IF ( maxerr > 0 ) THEN
                            1
Error: Unexpected ELSE IF statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:84.19:

    Status = 0
             1
Error: Unexpected assignment statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:87.5:

  ENDIF
    1
Error: Expecting END MODULE statement at (1)
module_io.f90:88.3:

END SUBROUTINE wrf_ioinit
  1
Error: Expecting END MODULE statement at (1)
module_io.f90:92:

SUBROUTINE wrf_ioexit( Status )
1
Error: Unclassifiable statement at (1)
module_io.f90:98.15:

  IMPLICIT NONE
              1
Error: Unexpected IMPLICIT NONE statement in MODULE at (1)
module_io.f90:99.34:

  INTEGER, INTENT(INOUT) :: Status
                                 1
Error: Symbol 'status' at (1) already has basic type of INTEGER
module_io.f90:101.41:

  LOGICAL, EXTERNAL :: use_output_servers
                                        1
Error: Unexpected data declaration statement in MODULE at (1)
Fatal Error: Error count reached limit of 25.

SE module_io
            1
</ERROR>

The script keeps going through those then hits another set:
<ERROR>
Fatal Error: Can't open module file 'module_io.mod' for reading at (1):
No such file or directory
make[2]: [../share/module_io_domain.o] Error 1 (ignored)
rm -f module_initialize_b_wave.o
/home/jcrosby/WRFV3/tools/standard.exe module_initialize_b_wave.F >
module_initialize_b_wave.b
/lib/cpp -C -P -I/home/jcrosby/WRFV3/inc -DEM_CORE=1 -DNMM_CORE=0
-DNMM_MAX_DIM=2600 -DCOAMPS_CORE=0 -DDA_CORE=0 -DEXP_CORE=0
-DIWORDSIZE=4 -DDWORDSIZE=8 -DRWORDSIZE=4 -DLWORDSIZE=4
-DNONSTANDARD_SYSTEM  -DDM_PARALLEL -DSTUBMPI -DNETCDF -DGRIB2 -DGRIB1
-DINTIO -DLIMIT_ARGS -DCONFIG_BUF_LEN=32768 -DMAX_DOMAINS_F=21
-DNMM_NEST=0  -I. -traditional   module_initialize_b_wave.b  >
module_initialize_b_wave.f90
rm -f module_initialize_b_wave.b
gfortran -c  -O0 -w  -ffree-form -ffree-line-length-none
-fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4 -I../dyn_em -I../dyn_nmm
-I/home/jcrosby/WRFV3/main -I/home/jcrosby/WRFV3/external/io_netcdf
-I/home/jcrosby/WRFV3/external/io_int
-I/home/jcrosby/WRFV3/external/esmf_time_f90 -I/home/jcrosby/WRFV3/frame
-I/home/jcrosby/WRFV3/share -I/home/jcrosby/WRFV3/phys
-I/home/jcrosby/WRFV3/chem -I/home/jcrosby/WRFV3/inc
module_initialize_b_wave.f90
module_initialize_b_wave.f90:13.23:

Above error is seen in module_io, module_initialize_ideal, module_io_domain
</ERROR>

No idea whats going on here, but if anyone has any ideas it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

--
Joseph Crosby
Network Administrator