[Wrf-users] About the new users' guide Chap6

WRF Help wrfhelp at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 25 09:38:43 MDT 2008

Hello All,

     Sorry for this confusion!

     Even though we have some practical difficulties to
invest more resources in the community support, we are
doing our best to improve our support at all time.

     The ew users' guide chapter 6 is written for the July
tutorial and the coming minor release 3.0.1, which will be
released in the beginning of August. Basically, from
WRF-Var side, the codes of V3.0.1 don't have too much
changes, just a few bug fix. The main changes is on the
compilation mechanism. From Version 3.0, Var codes were
merged with WRF codes and Var codes have to use the same
compilation system with WRF, so Var codes do need times to
spin up with the WRF compilation system.

     Anyway, our goal is to provide a robust and
easy-to-use Var system to community users.

Thanks

WRFHELP

Re:

Hello everybody,

Having a look at this:

http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_V3/users_guide_chap6.htm#Download

you may realise how the workflow of the WRF-Var module has
changed and
also its method of installation due to this older
reference:

http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_V3/Attic/users_guide_chap6.htm

Does anybody have an idea of what is happening? I know
that WRF-Var is
being continuosly improved since it doesn't support
nesting yet but, Is it
to appear a new version soon? Could someone explain me
which type of
module is "OBSGRID" that seems to alter the traditional
flow chart of WRF?

Have a look:

http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_V3/users_guide_chap1_files/image002.jpg

vs

http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_V3/Attic/users_guide_chap1_files/image002.png

I'm developing an automated forecasting system based on
WRF and the last
milestone is the WRF-VAR and the introduction of real
observations to the
model. I urgently need to be informed of any change in
WRF-Var in order to
make a decision about continuing with the old flow of
WRF-Var or just wait
for a new version.

I'll wait for your answers.
Thanks in advance.