[Wrf-users] WRF inmitialised with ECMWF T799 data.

Jean-Louis Monge jeanlouis.monge at free.fr
Wed May 21 14:54:31 MDT 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 10:31:23 Ravan Ahmadov wrote:
> Dear Alan,
>
> I'm using ECMWF analysis data with this resolution. I use
> calc_ecmwf_p.exe in WPS to process the model level data.
>
> Cheers,
> Ravan.

Dear Ravan,

I also tried to drive WRF-V3 with ECMWF forecasts on model levels.
I ran WPS using Vtable-ECMWF.sigma, then calc_ecmwf_p.exe to create the PRES
fields.
But at the WRF stage, em_real failed at the very beginning, during a vertical
interpolation, and my conclusion, after digging into the code, was that
em_real required the geopotential on all levels.
But Z is only available at the surface level at MARS in forecast data sets,
not on the upper air hybrid levels.
I am curious to know how you do with ECMWF hybrid levels.
Do you run WFR-2.2.1 or WRF-V3 ? Are there, apart the Vtable and
calc_ecmwf_p.exe, other tricks to configure or use ? What did I miss ?

Thanks
--
Jean-Louis Monge
Ingénieur-conseil