[Wrf-users] WRF inmitialised with ECMWF T799 data.

Daniel van Dijke D.vanDijke at weer.nl
Thu May 22 01:08:23 MDT 2008

Hi Jean-Louis,

After you run calc_ecmwf_p.exe (which computes pressure and geopotential at ALL levels) you should run mod_levs.exe. Atleast if you're not using all 91 ECMWF levels. This program will cut out only the levels you are using, you should define it in your namelist:

&mod_levs
 press_pa = 18.0, 39.0, 47.0, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0, 64.0, 68.0, 70.0,
            72.0, 74.0, 76.0, 78.0, 80.0, 82.0, 83.0, 84.0, 85.0, 86.0, 87.0,
            88.0, 89.0, 90.0, 91.0
/

Good luck,

Daniël

  Daniël van Dijke

  Junior Meteorological Researcher

  Meteo Consult BV, Wageningen, the Netherlands

  Tel: +31 (0)317 399874

  Email: Daniel at weer.nl