[Wrf-users] WRF inmitialised with ECMWF T799 data.

Ravan Ahmadov rahmadov at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Wed Apr 23 02:31:23 MDT 2008

Dear Alan,

I'm using ECMWF analysis data with this resolution. I use
calc_ecmwf_p.exe in WPS to process the model level data.

Cheers,
Ravan.

Alan Gadian wrote:

> Can anyone help with this question please?
>
> We would like to initialise WRF using the
> MARS data set (new since 2 February 2006, the operational model is
> available at T799,  ~0.225 degrees lat-long).  This is probably
> done by many, but can anyone give any help / advice please?
> ECMWF only archives at certain specific pressure levels or model
> levels (they have 91 model levels in the current model), so what have
> other
> WRF users used?
>
> Thanks for any advice
> Alan

> Address: Alan Gadian, Environment, SEE,
> Leeds University, Leeds LS2 9JT.  U.K.
> Email: alan at env.leeds.ac.uk.
> skype: alang44
> http://www.env.leeds.ac.uk/~alan
>
> Atmospheric Science Letters; the New Journal of R. Met. Soc.
> Free Sample:-  http://www.interscience.wiley.com/asl-sample2007
>
> NCAS Atmospheric Science Conference, Bristol, UK, 8-10 December 2008
> http://ncasweb.leeds.ac.uk/conference08

Dr. Ravan Ahmadov

Postdoc at Max-Planck-Institute for Biogeochemistry

Mailing Address:
P.O.Box 100164, 07701 Jena, Germany

Phone:    +49 3641 576361
Fax:      +49 3641 577300