[Wrf-users] Re: wrfprep.pl and NNRP

ojorba oriol.jorba at bsc.es
Mon Sep 18 02:42:34 MDT 2006

Hi Don, I found the same problem with NNRP data. It was related to PSFC
field. Try the following:

- Save all GRIB data 3D and 2D in the same directory.
- Modify Vtable.NNRP adding the PSFC line
- Modify Vtable.NNRPSFC deleting PSFC line

follow the instructions to run wrfsi. The problem is that PSFC has the
same dimensions as the 3D GRIB fields and it is defined in
Vtable.NNRPSFC which only contains 2D fields with different dimensions.

Hope it helps,

Oriol

Don Morton wrote:

> On 9/17/06, Don Morton <Don.Morton at umontana.edu> wrote:
>
>> All, I have found the solution to my problem.  A lot of googling
>> revealed it
>> in a document:
>>
>> http://wrfsi.noaa.gov/release/release_notes_v2.1.1.txt
>>
>> Apparently, one should use the Vtable.NNRP for the degribbing
>> of BOTH surface and analysis data, so the grib_prep.nl would
>> look like this:
>

> I spoke too soon - this ends up giving you initialization files with no
> soil information, and then real.exe bombs because it can't initailize
> a LSM.
>
> So, again, if anybody has gone through this whole process successfully
> and can share insight, it would be much appreciated.

Dr. Oriol Jorba Casellas
Earth Sciences Department
Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación
Edifici Nexus II
C/ Jordi Girona 29, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
phone +34 934134050 fax +34 933340255
mail to: oriol.jorba at bsc.es
BSC web page: http://www.bsc.es
Daily DREAM dust model forecasts for the Euro-Mediterranean region: http://www.bsc.es/projects/earthscience/DREAM/